My DISC personality.
January 15, 2010
My DISC personality style is CS…if the free DISC online test can be trusted =/
jeremy, as the “Master Archer”, there is rarely a task you undertake without thoughtful planning and careful execution. You are even-tempered, competent, and hold high standards for yourself and others. With your level of diligence, steadiness, and talent for both creating and maintaining systems, you have the ability to rise to expert status. You tend to evaluate decisions slowly, based upon logic and facts, remaining sensitive to the needs of those around you. Using a rational and systematic approach, you like to do things right the first time and follow projects through to the end.
You excel at building solid relationships and maintaining a stable and peaceful environment. While generally reserved, you are most sociable in personal, low-pressure situations where you feel comfortable and connected to those around you. Once you form a bond with another person, you have no problem talking about personal subjects and extending trust. You will take the time to build solid relationships slowly, choosing your friends wisely.
Others experience you as organized, neighborly, and rationally minded. With a keen eye for detail, you may be quite creative or philosophical. You tend to avoid conflict and confrontation, and try to maintain positive and peaceful environments. You are likely a good listener and a stable friend, doing exemplary work, while diligently nourishing your relationships.
Food for Thought
- Your communication style in general, especially in times of pressure or conflict, can be overly tolerant. Your need to maintain positive relationships, may lead you to undervalue your own needs, time, and personal goals. This can create additional stress in your life.
- You likely fear and avoid conflict, which may prevent you from setting appropriate boundaries and expressing your own needs and wants. If you don’t express your own needs, you may feel resentment. At times, you may need to make a concerted effort to stand your ground.
- You feel most comfortable when your world feels steady, stable, and orderly. This can lead to a resistance to change and a feeling of discomfort or loss of control in moments of change or chaos.
- Because you are able to multitask well, you often take on too much. Be aware of your limits and learn to delegate responsibility. Trusting others and seeking out their strengths may relieve a lot of pressure in your life. Sometimes it’s even okay to say no.
- You will take your time to gather all the information to make decisions. If you are unable to gather this information, you may struggle with decision-making. At times, you may have to push yourself to be more spontaneous or go with your “gut” instincts.
- You may show love, affection, and dedication through tasks, precision, and quality of work and want to be acknowledged for it as such. Likely, you also want to be shown love in a similar way that you show it. You may be frustrated around a more emotive style, as they will show and need to be shown love through affections and personal attention.